LETTER OF INVITATION
Thank you very much once again for your interest in our 2nd Vientianale International Film Festival. The Festival is being held every 2 years in the capital of Lao PDR to a large Lao and international resident community, and it is an opportunity for the audience to see films that they would not normally be able to view. The primary aim from the audience’s perspective is to be entertained but also to be educated about something new – be it a style of filmmaking, story telling, or an opening of one’s imagination. However, the primary objectives of the Vientianale are:
1) To celebrate Lao and internationally produced films to a local and international audience.
2) To increase and promote the profiles of Lao filmmakers to a local and international audience.
3) To introduce and educate a local and international audience about Lao and international film culture.
4) To contribute to the development of Lao film identity and film culture.
5) To assist in the development of Lao film event management
We are very much open to a variety of films, feature or short, documentaries, music videos, and animations; therefore we have no strict criteria as to the type of submission or content or format in which you may like to present at the 2nd Vientianale. However, as stated below, all submissions will have to be shown to the Ministry of Information & Culture, Lao PDR before they can be shown to the public. Unfortunately we do not have control of this process but generally most submissions are allowed to be shown.
We have included a copy of the entry form that must accompany your submission (please download here). The deadline is the 4th March 2011 with the aim of holding the festival in late April (this has yet to be confirmed).
Please contact us again should you have any further queries.
Simone Heine on behalf of the Vientianale Organising Committee
wordpress theme by initheme.com